If you wish to contribute to the OverSoul Wiki, you must create an account. To do so, you may visit the Create Account page. Enter the necessary information and then click 'Create account' to complete your registration. To log in to the Wiki, click the 'Log in' button at the top right corner of the Wiki.
Once you have registered, it is advisable to read the Wiki Rules to see our policies and what is expected of you in every edit you make in the Wiki. If you are unfamiliar with the MediaWiki, the OverSoul Wiki's software, continue to read on to learn how to use it.
Thank you for taking interest in contributing to the Wiki!
|Wiki Markup and HTML|
|Bold and Italics||
||Bold and Italics|
||Adds page to 'Guides' Category|
||Level 2 is generally used for content pages|
Templates are predefined text and formatting in place, and only require fields to be filled out to complete the article you're making Most pages require the use of templates so that all pages look similar to each other. A list of templates can be found here. To use a template, you must surround it between 4 braces, 2 on each side.
- Template Usage -
- Filling a Template -
1. Look for the template of the corresponding type of page you are making from the List of Templates. Note that not all content pages, such as guides, require templates although most pages need one.
2. Copy the template that corresponds with the type of page you are making to your clipboard.
3. Visit Create Page, type in the desired page name and click 'Create Page'
4. Paste the template you copied onto your clipboard into the edit box.
5. Insert the information at the 'Value' portion of the Parameter: |Parameter=Value. Values have to be streamlined across all pages, meaning if the Value says "Can only be done once." on one page, it must say the exact same thing on every other page (assuming the value applies to that page).
6. For the image Parameter, insert a filename that can easily be identified to the item. For example, if the image was the OverSoul Logo, it could be called 'os_logo.png' All content images must be high quality .png images only.
7. Once you have finished filling up all the parameters, please click "Show Preview" before saving the page to ensure it's looking good and no errors have been made. You may choose to compare it with other pages of the same type to see if it looks similar to them. (Assuming you have not uploaded an image yet, the image will appear as a red link.)
8. If you have not uploaded an image: Click the red link on your pages and upload the desired image to the Wiki. The page is now complete!
1. Any user registered to the Wiki is allowed to create a Userpage. If you haven't already, please register to the Wiki by following the instructions on the top of this guide.
2. Visit Create Page and fill in the necessary fields. Click 'Create Page' to begin editing.
3. Fill in the necessary fields on the template and then save your page.
1. You may choose to download an external application, such as Snagit to capture photos, or you may use the default screen capture applications in your computer.
Windows: Click 'PrtScr' on your keyboard. Go to Paint and click CTRL+V. Crop your image to the desired dimensions and then save it.
Mac: Click 'CMD+Shift+4' on your keyboard. The image is now on your desktop.
Linux: Click 'SUPER (Windows/Command Key)' and drag over the area you want a picture of. The image is now on your desktop.
2. Click Upload File (located under the Toolbox header in the left sidebar). Click 'Browse' and locate the image file you want to upload. Click 'Upload File'